To completely eliminate fuel gas venting associated with control valves and control chokes Meridian proposes to replace existing equipment with the following system:
- 2″ or 3″ In-Line Control Choke c/w tungsten carbide discs and wear sleeve
- Proportional Electric Actuator, Explosion proof, 12 or 24VDC, 4 – 20 mA control signal
The Electric actuator receives a 4 – 20 mA control signal directly from the RTU and modulates the In-Line Control Choke. The electric actuator can also be converted to fail close on loss of control signal with a simple jumper.
The system can be used with a solar panel or TEG and battery storage systems.
This system is in place at over 1000 sites for a major international energy company. It replaces a variety of existing control systems such as:
- Control chokes with pneumatic positioners and I/P transducers
- Cage style Control Valves with I/P transducers
The initial price for these systems can be less than the annual cost of fuel gas venting, making it a very attractive retrofit solution. Meridian can produce a tailor made proposal comparing existing equipment to the Meridian MAP 2100 Flow Control System. The proposal could include existing fuel gas venting figures.
- Zero fuel gas usage and emissions
- Low initial cost
- Low replacement trim cost
- Low overall size and weight
- Easy to repair and maintain
- Capable of initial high pressure drop control and second phase lower pressure flow control
- Suitable for sour low temperature service