Health and safety is a key priority for Wolseley, whether it involves our employees, customers or the communities in which our companies operate. Our aim is to create an accident-free workplace and we are committed to continuous improvement in health and safety performance throughout our operations. We will maintain systems to ensure full compliance with legislation and our Group policies.
Wolseley will provide a safe and healthy working environment and we will not compromise the health and safety of any individual. Wolseley will provide the necessary training and resources to allow for the safe performance of day to day activities.
As a minimum, Wolseley will comply with local health and safety laws in every country where we operate. We believe that having effective safety management requires the involvement of employees at all levels.
In order to meet these aims and commitments, we will:
- Develop, implement and monitor health and safety policies and procedures appropriate to our business activities
- Identify the hazards and risks associated with our activities and put in place appropriate control measures
- Establish channels of communication which encourage employees to contribute to improvements in our health and safety performance
- Provide appropriate resources to ensure that this policy statement may be brought into effect and maintained
- Ensure work-related incidents and near misses are reported, investigated and analyzed to prevent recurrence
- Provide sufficient information, advice, training and supervision to ensure that people under our control are fully aware of their responsibilities and are competent to undertake their activities
All employees have a duty to co-operate in the operation of this policy by:
- Taking reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their actions
- Co-operating fully to ensure compliance with policies and procedures introduced to fulfill our obligations
- Co-operating with us in maintaining high standards of health and safety
- Maintaining their place of work and their equipment in a tidy and safe condition
- Making proper use of equipment provided in the interest of health and safety